Happy Friday, everyone in blog-land!
My apologies for not writing for awhile. There hasn't been too much to report. And if you do keep up with my blog, I'd like to say thanks. And invite you to let me know (by posting a comment or by email), just so I know that I'm not writing for an invisible audience.
Let's see, about what can I wax philosophic? Of course, there was that little bit of history that occurred on Tuesday. I don't know if you heard about it, but I guess we have a new leader or something. I hope that everyone can agree that regardless of your view or political leanings it was quite a memorable occasion. I was so excited that I even waved my little US flag about while watching it on CNN. Although it was sadly a little anti-climactic to be watching it alone in my apartment and not at home with the masses. But, alas. Here's to new beginnings.
Tomorrow our group is going to the Schlittenbahn! What is a Schilttenbahn, you ask? A place for sled-riding! I like sled-riding and I like snow, so I'm excited. I'm going to try and remember to take my camera with me so I'll report back later if I have pictures. I even bought a new ski-jacket for the occasion. It's gonna be good times.
Work is going ok, although it's been a little slow lately. Next week I am in Germany all week to work on the water model upgrade. Cross your fingers for me. It's our first test with the equipment and the software I developed, so the pressure's on. At least this time two of my colleagues are coming with me, so I'm not stuck there all by myself. If only we didn't have to leave Leoben at 5:15 am on Monday...
It looks like mein Bruder is coming to visit in February, and I'm excited about that. It'll be nice to have someone to hang out with, especially one with which I have much more in common. I have no idea what we'll do, seeing that Leoben is not exactly a big, hopping city. But I'm sure we'll manage. Although poor Andy might be stuck sleeping on the floor while he's here. But he's in the army, I'm sure he can cope.
I think that's all for my lackluster report. If anyone is curious about anything with Austrian life, let me know. I can always have a 'lecture series' on what life is like here.
Auf Wiedersehen! :)
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey there. Hows life in Leoben? Anything new or exciting going on?
hey Sarah Mullet!
I actually hadn't been reading your blog, but I just got back to dealing with mine, and so am trying to keep up with the few other people who are actually still blogging, instead of just occasionally updating their facebook status.
so, i guess, now i'm reading your blog. how's that? ;-)
Post a Comment