Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nach Mexiko

There are few things in the world like leaving your flat at 3 am for your 6:40 am flight out of Vienna. On the plus side, I have my muffin and my gingerbread latte from Starbucks (in Austria, no less!) so life is better at the moment. Yes, of course the coffee here is already very good. But when you can get a gingerbread latte that both pleases the senses as well as gives you a little piece of home, you take it. Really.

Obviously I'm super excited to go home for Christmas, but truthfully I will miss Leoben. Maybe mostly because I haven't been there in a while. I'm like a woman without a home.

It's especially hard to leave when this was the view my apartment yesterday morning.

From Leoben

... quick intermission for some latte... enjoy the picture for a moment...

So. 12-hour flight to Mexico. I suppose the 8-hr flights between US/Europe have become routine for me, so what's 4 more hours. Right...? Sadly the flight was too full to upgrade to first class (rar), but at least my elite status puts me in the "special" coach seats. Really all that means is that I have no row in front of me. Extra leg room is nice. But first class is still better.

Hopefully I'll find some time to keep updating in Mexico. I'd write more in Amsterdam, but they're clearly not as cool as Vienna since they actually charge for their wi-fi. Seriously. Wien Flughafen ist schön!

I think that's it for now.

Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: