Buenos dias, mis amigos.
As expected, my weekend here in Mexico gives me more time to write. For now I'm only hanging out in my hotel room. Exciting, I know. But later I am going to the Anthropology Museum with our professor and his wife. It seems pretty cool from the website, so I'm excited. Plus, I'm always a nerd for a museum.
As I mentioned before, I'm really most excited to got to the pyramids tomorrow. It should be pretty awesome. And Olivia (one of the prof's assistants) is super nice and very sweet. So I have a good time with her. Even with my lack of Spanish fluency.
I started reading a new book for this trip. It's called "Critical Mass: How One Thing Leads to Another". So far it's pretty interesting. The whole idea is that there is science to human behavior en masse. I've only just started it, but it seems pretty interesting so far. To take statistics and the laws of physics and apply to the trends of economics, sociology and even politics seems very interesting. And I would like to thank the Amsterdam airport for having such a large selection of English books.
The other book I bought in Amsterdam is "Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain" by Oliver Sacks. Oliver Sacks actually spoke at Case at some point, I think either my junior or senior year during orientation. As I am a fully admitted music addict, I'm interested to read it. Maybe he can explain why my brains constantly needs music. :)
No new pictures today. I don't think I'll really have any until tomorrow. I'll make sure to give a full report on the pyramids to satisfy your curiosity (I'm talking to you, Father).
Back to reading and relaxing.
¡Adios!
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment